Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Plan

I had my OB appt today to discuss my long cycles and what is next. After she asked me a couple of routine questions and looking over my information, she concluded that my main issue is my weight. I have been heavy most of my life and have been battling it constantly. The past two years have been so tough on me, that I am not surprised I have gained a lot of weight. But it is no excuse. She mentioned the possibility of having PCOS, but never really went into detail with me on it. Her first recommendation was to join Weight Watchers, and come back in 6 months to see where I am at. I broke down in tears. We have been TTC for over two years now. The idea of waiting another 6 months to start trying was not even conceivable to me. She said if I was not wanting to wait, that she would prescribe me the Provera to end this cycle and the Clomid for the next, but made it clear that my weight loss needs to be my #1 focus. Tonight was my first day of Provera. Cannot wait for this cycle to be over! Clomid starts on cycle day #3 next cyle.

So this is where I am at. I have not decided if I am going to or can even afford the Weight Watchers program, but I do know that I need to make lifestyle changes! It was a good thing we hadn't done grocery shopping is 3 weeks.... this helped giving me a "blank slate" when it came to what I have in my house to eat. So I bought a LOT of fresh fruits and veggies! I am determined to lost weight. It was hard to hear what my OB had to say today, but in a way, it opened up my eyes to my future. I want to be a mother. So in order to have a better chance of having that, and to be healthier for myself and the baby, I will do everything I can to lose this weight. One day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a plan, girl. Hang in there.. you can do it!! I'm here for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now this is something I know a lot about...I'm crazy healthy. I can definitely help you in a any way I can. In fact...I'm sending you some of my fav cookbooks to start. Many hugs love. I'm behind you 100%.

    ReplyDelete