Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Second Round a Bust

Well, as you can tell from the title, Clomid did not work this cycle..... well I O'd, just not resulting in a pregnancy. I called my OB this morning and talked about the plan ahead. Her first comment is that she only does Clomid for up to THREE cycles.... which shocked me. Most of the ladies I read about on the bump are on it for 4-5-6 months..... So she decided to up my dose from 50mg to 100mg this time around. If I do not get KU, then I am to make an appt to discuss whats next. She mentioned two medications that could work; Metformin and Femara. I have seen ladies charts with both of these meds listed. It gives me hope that if the Clomid does not work, there might still be something that will help. Of course, her main focus is still for me to continue to lose weight. I am sitting at 11 lbs lost, since adding 2 over the holidays. So its back to the strict diet. I am also looking into buying the Zumba Fitness for the Wii. I heard its really good!!! So we shall see what happens. Not the way I wanted to start 2011, but hoping for the best!

Yesterday would have been my due date with Angel #2. Mommy loves you baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a plan, or at least plans to discuss one! Sending long-distance hugs from South Carolina. Come on, baby P! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love to you too! I hope this cycle is it for you!

    ReplyDelete