Monday, February 6, 2012

A First in Over 3 Years...

Yep, it's been over three years since Brian and I started TTC... and I took my first BCP last night since then! It's hard to believe it's been so long ago. And was even harder to swallow that tiny little pill. Brian and I have already been talking about TTC#2 and when we would like to start. I am thinking this fall I will stop the pills and just see what happens. I think at first, I will be pretty laid back about it. But if it takes longer than a few months, I will start to be more apt to use what worked for getting pregnant with Noah. Within less than two months of starting Metformin and acupuncture, I was pregnant last year. I am hoping my body won't need that the second time around.

The weird part is, I MISS being pregnant! I remember telling my mom after Noah was born this very same thing and she just said that's because I have to share him now. It really didn't have anything to do with that. I missed feeling him move inside of me, making me smile each time I saw my belly move too. Or using the doppler to hear his little heart beating. It was the most magical experience of my life. And I can't wait to feel that way again!

I am little nervous about starting up the pill again. I never really had a negative reaction to it before, but I know after a baby, the body can do some freaky things when it comes to hormones. So we shall see. Let the countdown begin.... T-6 months to kicking the pill and starting to TTC#2!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Noah is such a little cutie! I know exactly what you mean about missing pregnancy. We've talked about TTC again, but daycare is so freaking expensive, and I don't know if I'll be able to breastfeed next time or if we'll be doing formula again (which is also pricey).. AND after having a sick baby this week I really think it would be a huge challenge to have TWO sick babies, which is bound to happen when you've got kids in daycare.

    So, I think we've come to the conclusion that we're hoping to TTC again in another year or so. We're not using birth control but I'm charting and using natural family planning to avoid pregnancy, so if we happen to get pregnant before then, so be it. But that's not the goal yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That sounds very hard! 6 months will go by super fast and you'll be knocked up again before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it will be a challenge to have 2 under 2, but I'd like my kids to be close in age. And if it takes as long as it did to get Noah, then I would rather start sooner than later. Who knows how long the second one will take.

      Delete