Saturday, June 5, 2010

My first entry....

First I want to say hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. I had thought about starting one of these for a while now, and decided since its a rainy Saturday evening, I would give it a shot!

A little info about me.... my name is Marissa. I am a dietary manager at a nursing home and really love my job! I have worked with the elderly all my life and have great respect for them. I married the love of my life, Brian, on September 27th, 2008. We had decided we were ready to start a family, so the following month I went off the pill. We were excited to find out at Thanksgiving, that Brian's only sibling was expecting! We couldn't be happier for her and to have a niece/nephew on the way! On December 16th, I had decided to run to Walgreens before work to get a pregnancy test. How shocked was I for it to come up "Pregnant." I showed all of my co-workers and called Brian at work! The following week, it was rainy and very icy. I was almost to work and ended up in a car accident. The car was totaled and I was ok, but insisted on going to get checked out. Since I wasn't far enough along, the ER doctor told me that there was no way of knowing if the baby was ok or not. And even if I were to miscarry, there would be no way of knowing if the accident caused it or not. I felt find and had no complications.

January came and I had my first appointment at my 8 week mark. My mom and Brian were both there with me. After the exam, we went into the ultrasound room. I was so excited to see our baby. Only to see an empty sac. The baby was gone. I was devastated! We decided to let me miscarry naturally instead of have surgery. I went in for weekly betas... and as of April, it stalled at 12. So I needed the D&C anyways to prevent an infection.

It was a LONG, emotional road to get back to TTC for Brian and I. But we finally made it and decided in January 2010 we would give it another shot. I found www.thebump.com where I learned about charting, temping, CM, and OPKs. I also have made some REMARKABLE friends that will be in my life for a LONG time, I hope. The months went on and I started to get more and more discouraged. Then it happened again!

April 26th, I took a FRER and saw two beautiful lines! I was so thankful, but again... very scared of history repeating itself. I had my first betas drawn that week and were 26 and 62, which were low but it did double! The following week it was only 84 and the ultrasound showed nothing. My OB diagnosed it as a tubal pregnancy. I was given an injection of methotrexate to dissolve the pregnancy to prevent the tube erupting.

So here we are, in June and still waiting. September 1st, our TTC journey begins again and I am praying for a miracle. In the mean time, I am going to enjoy my summer and wonderful family/friends! Sorry for the long entry.... and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Marissa :) Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I look forward to following you on here!

    -Sbux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Katie!!!! Hopefully I will get the hang of this :-) Thanks for your help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marissa, I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WI-Mommy-HopefulJune 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

    Hey stef!! I am glad you found this. And thankful I have this to share with you. Can't wait to find out boy or girl!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete