Sunday, February 20, 2011

What a Week!

This past week has been quite a roller coaster of emotions for me. I had my OB appt on Tuesday, and she was very impressed with my weight loss so far (16.6 lbs). She ordered some labs to see where my glucose levels are, and also ordered a SA for Brian. He was less than thrilled when I told him about that. I received my results, and everything is in normal range except my HDL is a little low, and LDL a little high. So I need to keep working on eating right and working out more.

The whole week, I had been getting so close to + opks, it was driving me nuts. By Friday, I really felt defeated and that I needed to just stop for a while. I posted on TB that I was taking a bump break. The ladies were so sweet and supportive, it brought tears to my eyes. I think I just needed to remind myself why I am doing all of this, and to get myself back "into" TTC again.

During Thursdays acupuncture appt, I told her that I was on day 15 of my cycle and still no sign of O yet. She added more needles I noticed, and also used a heat lamp over my abdomen. I really love acupuncture!!! Each time I get more relaxed, and fall asleep a little longer. Saturday morning, I got up for work. I told Brian that maybe we should hold off on intercourse over this weekend so that we can get the SA out of the way Monday morning (since you have to abstain for 72 hours prior). I finished getting ready for work, and left.

I decided to bring my digital opks with me to work because the "almost +" cheapies were driving me nuts! I had taken one when I got up, and it was negative. Oh, how I HATE seeing that empty circle. I decided to test again around 9:15, using both the digital and cheapie. I about cried when the little smiley face appeared. I was shaking. I couldn't believe it!!! On CD 16, I got a + opk without the use of Clomid!!! This is the earliest I have gotten one without medication! So obviously, we had to break the no-sex rule this weekend, lol. I am truly thankful that it seems like my body may be working on it's own! Only time will tell now as to what this cycle will end like. Sure would be a nice birthday present! Plus, Cheri22 would have another point in the "being right" column! Thanks for reading my babbling!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss and the +opk! Sounds like the acupuncture has paid off! You and B are always on my mind, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to see your postive OPK's! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss, sweetie, and woot for your +OPK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy your body is working unmedicated!!! Woohoooo for the weight loss girl that is awesome! You need to be posting in my workout check-in! Would love to know what kind of activity you are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete