Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Third Beta and Appointment Set!

Well today was beta day, and I was a nervous wreck. I went into the clinic at exactly 8 am when they opened. For some reason, the nurse didn't put the order into the computer last week, but they drew my blood anyways! All morning, all I could think about was the last time I was pregnant. Having my numbers double the first time, then barely budge a week later. I could barely eat my lunch. I called at 1 pm sharp (when they get back into the office from lunch). My OB nurse put me on hold to look up the results. I am sure it was only a matter of 20 seconds, but to me, felt like 20 minutes! The first thing she says is, "whoo hooo!" Everything is looking great! Beta is 658 (we were hoping for at least 500), and my progesterone increased to 16! So the meds are working :-) I think a 100 ton weight was lifted off my shoulders, and heart, with this news! Obviously, anything could happen between now and December. But today, my baby is growing and that's all that matters to me!

My first appointment is scheduled for April 29th! I will be just a day over 7 weeks. Praying we get to see our little one, and his/her heartbeat!

7 comments:

  1. YAY BABY! I am so excited for you, M!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Marissa!!! So happy to read good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Marissa! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Marissa I missed your BFP!!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete