Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

So I am so excited for this week to be over. Brian and I planned a weekend away to MN a couple of months ago for labor Day weekend. When we found out about the ectopic, my OB told us 3 months. So we decided that we wanted to plan a vacation for the two of us to celebrate that, and to just relax. We have been through SO much the last two years and really need this time to reconnect and remind us how mush in love we really are. Never in my worst nightmares had I thought after two years of marriage and TTC that we would be here. We almost lost each other a year ago. I am truly grateful to still have him by my side today! I love our life together! But to have our losses occur and to change our relationship so much in such a short amount of time was never a thought in my mind. I had hoped that I would O around our vacation time, and I just missed it. By my chart, it looks like I have already. So now we can relax and just enjoy ourselves in MN :-) Stay tuned in a couple of weeks for hopefully good news!!!! *fingers crossed*

I had a difficult day at work yesterday. For those who read this and don't know, I work as a dietary manager at a nursing home. I have worked in long-term health care since I was 16. There are so many rewards to this job! Making people laugh, smile, and hearing stories about their past (true or otherwise), makes our older generation truly fascinating. But with all the positive, there is one major drawback; losing those you care about. They may not be related to me, but in my heart, they are family. Sometimes myself and my co-workers are the only people our residents see on a daily basis. Even holidays, there are those with no blood relatives around. Yesterday we lost an angel. She was truly an amazing woman. And I owe her a huge thanks for reminding me not to take anything for granted. We have today and this moment. Nothing beyond that is promised! I will miss her very much and hope she is at peace now.

No comments:

Post a Comment